First of all, ensure that you are in the system's training section (where you see all the created training).
- Click Create (the option in the top right-hand corner)
- Select the option Course - Create your own custom training.
- Name your training (required)
- Add a description to your training (optional). Not necessary, but it will give a better first impression when the learner clicks on the course.
- Add an image to your training (optional). Also not necessary but will make your course stick ours from the rest.
- Click Next (top right-hand corner)
- Curriculum; Here's where we add the content we'd like to include in the training. Click on the + symbol Add Curriculum to start adding content to the training. There you get 3 options. Repeat this step as many times as necessary until you've added all the content you'd like to include in this training
- Modules - Select this option if you'd like to add one or several modules you've already created in the system's Author section.
- Resources - Select this option if you'd like to select files already uploaded or would like to upload files directly.
- Survey - Select this option if you'd like to add a survey that you've already created.
- Skill test; Want to test your learner's knowledge? Then adding a skill test might be suitable.
- First of all, you need to Enable the Skill test.
- Click on the + symbol Add Skill Test to add a skill test. If you haven't created a skill test yet, click here to learn more about how to do this, or click here to create a question bank or test.
Settings for Skill test:
- Timed - Enable this option to set a time limit on the Skill test; once the time is up, the Skill Test will be terminated an attempt will be used. You can set a maximum time limit of 24 hours.
- Criteria - The standard is set at 75%, but you can set a higher percentage if necessary
- Attempts - Limit the number of attempts available for the Skill test; once all attempts have been used, the administrator must manually reset the skill test.
- Questions - How many questions (randomly generated) will appear on the Skill Test.
- Instant validation - If enabled, this will instantly validate a question when answered, letting the learner know if the answer was right or wrong and, if wrong, what was the correct answer.
The next steps are the same as setting up any training, to get more information about the last steps, 3. Enrollment and 4. Settings, click here to get to the main article "How to create a (Scandlearn) training"